Friday, June 14, 2019

Easter Basket Cake

No matter how many cakes I make I still have bad cake days.  This cake was perfect in my head and an absolute nightmare in real life!  Easter in Queensland is hot.  This means that ganache can be a real jerk and this cake was no exception to the rule.  I envisioned a smooth ganache covered cake with a large egg at the back, bunnies scattered in between coloured Easter Eggs.  I decorated the cake and the egg broke and the colours didn't match and I hated the cake.  I sprinkled some sprinkles hoping to add a pop of colour but it added a pop of badness.  Then I took everything off.  I made a basket for the eggs our of sprinkle covered chocolate shards. Then I put sprinkles around the base. there was sprinkles scattered in the icing from my previous fail but I left it.  I found a Happy Easer sign that was meant to be for a photo both and added it as well. I forgot to mention too.. When I was cooking the cake I ran out of eggs and had to use a chia seed substitute.  It worked well and was a delicious cake but not my finest cake moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment